Monday 10 January 2011

Larry's Track of 2010.

Sooo just about recovered from new year celebrations and finally I get round to posting my first contribution to our new blog.
Always find it pretty tough trying to pick one track from a whole year worth of great music being released and this year has certainly been no exception.
I wouldn't say there is ever one track to out do them all, I like loads of different tracks for different reasons. However there is one particular young man who has been killing it with every new release and remix he touches, yes it's the man(boy) Ramadan. David Kennedy aka Ramadanman / Pearson Sound, has really come into his own over the last year or so with every new record seeming to trump the one before. So it only felt right that my track of 2010 would have to be one of his. Choosing my favourite has also been tricky. However the one that did it for me the most was his latest release "Blanked" on his own imprint Hessle Audio under the Pearson Sound guise. He combines his trademark bass heavy production and tight percussion drum patterns with a stunning midway synth drop that does the damage in the club and moves me at the same time.
David Kennedy, 2010 was your year and "Blanked" is my choice cut of 2010. Can't wait to hear more from this kid in 2011..



No comments:

Post a Comment